Ariege, Pyrenees, France.
• 5 Days of Pure Canyoning in some of the most Iconic canyons the Pyreneese has to offer.
• All equipment, in country transport and transfers.
• Local Git (chalet) based accommodation, full board, 3 course local evening meal.
• Two fully qualified ICO pro Instructors. Full instruction and guidance.
• Immerse yourself in French Mountain Culture
On this mind altering trip, we aim to submerse you in the world of canyoning combined with the beauty and tranquillity of the French Pyrenees. Ariege and the surrounding area is a Mecca for canyoning and has some of the most iconic canyons in the south of France. Bordering Spain the climate during the summer months is very pleasant offering the most comfortable environment to be in the water. Ariege is based just over an hour from Toulouse, and right in the middle of canyoning country. We will be based at an ICO pro training centre in the heart of the mountains. The Accommodation at Gitamiglos, a beautiful, comfortable chalet offers you full board, Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meal, including local wine and mountain cheese, so after and exhilarating day in the canyons you can immerse yourself into the French culture and local cuisine.
Whether you are new to canyoning of fairly experience, the Ariege region has so much to offer. Many of the canyons you will explore are a full day experience, beginning with a stunning hike in top of the descent. From here under the instruction and Guidance of two ICO pro instructors you will descent the canyons in the most exhilarating way. Learning how to set your own ropes, rappel yourself and tackle epic jumps. Some of the canyons are very accessible and almost roadside, whereas some of the longer and larger canyons require up to a 2 hour hike in. The canyons around Ariege tend to be reasonably aquatic and relatively open, with lots of rappels and jumps. There are also many caving systems in the area, which can be another option.
On your trip to the Pyrenees with The Canyoning Company you will be accompanied by a UK host ICOpro Instructor, either Ben Case or George Yates. But for the local canyon knowledge and ultimate experience we will be accompanied by Rodolf Strum. Head Master Trainer of ICOpro, he runs an ICOpro Training Centre and has lead the way with the development of the sport worldwide. Rodolf lead the Chamje Khola expedition in Nepaul, the world’s Largest canyon.
For the Pyrenees canyoning trip we advise you have a good level of fitness. Some of the canyons require relatively steep 1 – 2 hour hikes. That said you don’t need to be an athlete!! On the hike ins we take lots of breaks and soak up the scenery. If you have any concerns or questions just contact us.
Do I need to have any experience Canyoning?
Not at all, you don’t need to have any canyoning experience.
“What an experience!!! The canyoning company provide a 5 star service in every aspect.
Pre trip information was very clear and Ben and George were happy to answer all my questions as well as give details on things I hadn’t even thought to ask. Transport pick ups made life totally hassle free. All the equipment was in perfect condition and thick wetsuits protected us from the elements well.
These guys clearly know what they are doing and are hugely passionate about what they do and helping others experience this amazing sport. All guiding was done in a very professional manner, time and care was taken to ensure that all participants got what they wanted from the trip whether it was big thrill or new skills.
It was the small touches that set these guys apart. For example. While similar companies would try to charge for photos Ben just air dropped them to my phone in the van home.
I have recommended this to all my friends and will definitely be back for more.”
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Price||Availability||Book Now|
|28th August 2017||3rd September 2017||7||£1295.00||Limited spaces||Deposit: £495.00|
|20th August 2018||26th August 2018||7||£1295.00||Availability||Deposit: £495.00|
- Day 1: Flight to Toulouse, arrive airport transfers, meet greet and relax. Evening meet and week overview and briefing.
- Day 2: 10:00 Introduction, personal equipment, transport / 11:00 Full technical briefing (Cliff) / 12:30 Lunch / 14:00 Marc Canyon / 16:00 Tea time (on the river/beach).
- Day 3 : 10:00 Introduction, personal equipment, transport, approach / 12:00 Lunch / 13:00 Argensou Canyon (full part) / 17:00 Tea time (on the river/beach).
- Day 4 : 09:00 Introduction, personal equipment, transport / 10:00 Luquenac canyon / 12:30 Lunch / 14:00 free.
- Day 5 : 10:00 Introduction, personal equipment, transport, approach / 12:00 Lunch / 13:00 Artigue Canyon / 17:00 Tea time (on the river/beach),
- Day 6 : 09:30 Introduction, personal equipment, transport, approach / 12:00 Lunch / 13:00 Subra Canyon / 16:30 Tea time (on the river/beach).
- Day 7 : Late morning, trip to Foix take in the local culture, return to Airport (Toulouse)
The Itinerary for the trip is subject to change, weather dependant. We will also change up the venues depending on the team’s skill level.