CANYON GUIDE LEVEL 2 (ADVANCED CANYONING PRO) - TRAINING COURSE + ASSESSMENT
The UKCA Canyon Guide Level 2 (CG2) is the second level of professional certification within the UKCA award scheme. This award is designed for an experienced Guide Level 1 (or equivalent) who wishes to lead canyoning excursions in the UK and internationally in a commercial environment rated up to V3A3ii.
£260 per person
group discounts available
min 2 - max 6
min age - 18
mar - oct
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AVAILABILITY SCHEDULE
|Courses||Start Date||End Date||Location||Cost||Book Now|
|L1 Guide Assessment||1st September 2022||2nd September 2022||Perthshire, Scotland||£260||BOOK NOW|
|L2 Guide Training (Advanced Pro)||5th September 2022||7th September 2022||Perthshire, Scotland||£460||BOOK NOW|
|L2 Guide Assessment||30th September 2022||1st October 2022||Perthshire, Scotland||£260||BOOK NOW|
- A successful graduate of the Level 2 Canyon Guide Award will be able to lead novice canyoneers in a commercial environment through a canyon rated up to V3.A3.ii.
- The graduate will be very comfortable in canyon environments, demonstrating excellent anticipatory skills for reducing risk to their customers and themselves.
- The graduate will understand and implement safe and efficient rigging solutions in the canyon environment.
- The graduate will be able to plan and prepare introductory and intermediate canyoning experiences.
- The graduate will be able to manage canyoning groups as a head guide.
- The graduate will be able to teach canyoning skills to a group.
- The graduate will be a role model for canyoning.
A successful candidate will be able to work alone in a canyon rated up to V3A3.ii with up to 8 group members. This can be extended to 16 group members where another Canyon Guide L2 or L1 is present. A Canyon Guide Level 2 can assist a Canyon Instructor in canyons above V3A3ii.
UKCA Senior Trainer
Day 1 Technical - A moderate risk canyon rated around V3A3ii>. The canyons should ideally have a selection of features and technical elements for example rappels, jumps, slides and traverse lines.
Day 2 - Leadership, Incident and Group Management - A canyon rated up to V3A3ii.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Hold a valid first-aid certificate (2-day minimum)
- Good level of fitness, mental health and swimming ability.
- Hold the Canyon Guide L1 award (or similar)
- Hold the Advanced Canyoning award (or similar)
Prior to assessment, the candidate must present a logbook with a minimum of:
- Minimum of 40 canyoning days in at least 5 different canyons rated V3.A3.ii and above.
- Minimum of 40 canyoning days leading canyoning trips in a minimum of 3 technical (V2.A2.i) canyons.
*These prerequisites are minimum requirements, extra days are recommended.
MORE TRAINING COURSES
Canyon Guide Level 1
CANYON GUIDE LEVEL 1 – TRAINING COURSE + ASSESSMENTPerthshire, ScotlandThe UKCA Canyon Guide Level 1 (CG1) is the first level of professional certification within the UKCA award scheme. This training is designed for the competent intermediate level canyoneer who wishes to prepare for assessment in order to lead canyoning/gorge walking excursions in a commercial/professional environment…
White Water Canyoning
WHITE WATER CANYONING TRAINING COURSE Perthshire, ScotlandThis two day workshop is for recreational and professional canyoneers who want to further their knowledge and confidence in white water canyons. The workshop covers personal progression techniques and rescue specifically in swift water canyons. The white-water workshop encompasses the newest techniques and theory for swift water progression and…
Advanced White Water Canyoning
ADVANCED WHITE WATER CANYONING TRAINING COURSE Perthshire, ScotlandThis two-day workshop is designed for experienced recreational and professional canyoneers. This course is a great add on to the white-water canyoning workshop. The course will be focused on vertical rescue, scenarios on rope in waterfalls, vertical foot entrapment, stabilisation and direct rescue techniques. The workshop is designed…
At The Canyoning Company we pride ourselves on achieving and maintaining the highest standard of Canyoning certification as we can.
Providing training and resources to a range of private sector and public sector organisations we also provide help with outdoors training, health and safety as well as knowing how to make your adventure a memory to remember.